While net surfing, you see pop-up ads appearing randomly on the screen. That shows your system is infected with a malicious program that is known as adware. A lot of advertising banners appear between the texts here and there on the website and makes reading content difficult for you. Some pop-ups invite you to fake tools or other updates. Your PC runs very slow, and even the network connection becomes too slow as a result. Well! That is not a big issue if you want to get rid of adware. Here are some handy methods you can apply in this context.
Method # 1: Delete the Malicious Software
The first attempt to get rid of adware is to uninstall the malicious program from the system. You need to follow the steps below to perform this task.
- Go to the “Start” and select “Control Panel” from the list.
- Here, you will see a category “Program” where you need to select the option “Uninstall a Program.”
- Now you will see the list of installed applications. Click on the program you want to delete and click on the option “Uninstall” above the programs.
Method # 2: Install an Adware Cleaner Program
You can avoid this annoying situation by installing an efficient adware cleaner program in your system.
- I would suggest you install “Malwarebytes Adwcleaner” tool that is quite handy to get rid of adware.
- Before downloading this tool, you need to close the browser window.
- When you have done with its installation, just use it to scan your system for any harmful and malicious adware software.
- Once the corrupt files are detected in your system, just select the option “Clean” to wipe out all of them.
- Now reboot the system to view the error reports.
Method # 3: Delete Extensions in Google Chrome
Most of the people use Google Chrome for browsing the sites. That’s why it has become a hot cup of tea for adware installation. If you too use Google Chrome for browsing, you need to delete additional extensions. To do so, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Go to the “Menu” icon on the top right corner of the Google Chrome window. You will see an icon with three vertical dots that is Menu icon actually. Here, you will see “More Tools” on the list. Just click to view the context menu.
- You need to select “Extensions” option from the list appears here.
- Now you will see all extensions in Google Chrome. Delete the optional extensions from here.
Method # 4: Reset Google Chrome Settings
If you are still facing adware problem, you should reset the settings of Google Chrome by following the steps below.
- Go to the Google Chrome address bar and type “chrome://settings” and press “Enter” to proceed.
- You will see the Settings page. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the option “Show Advanced Settings.”
- Now again start scrolling to the bottom of the page. Here, you will see the option “Reset Settings.” You need to click on it.
- You will see a confirmation message. As soon as you click the “Reset” button, the search engine will reset. The pinned tabs, the web browser, and startup page will be reset. It will delete all data including cookies and extensions.